Laser/JY-15 Series NOR
Notice of Race
Muskegon Yacht Club
2013 Laser / JY-15 Regatta Series
Spring Series (6/4/13 – 7/2/13)
Summer Series (7/9/13 – 8/6/13)
Fall Series (8/13/13 – 9/10/13)
- This regatta series will be governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing.
- The rules of the appropriate class will apply, with the exception of sails … Intensity sails will be allowed to reduce costs.
Eligibility and Entry:
- Each series night is open to all boats of the JY15 and Laser classes.
- Eligible boats may be entered by showing up on scheduled race nights.
- Suggested fees are as follows: $3 per night, $10 per series, or $25 for all three series.
- Other Fees: Club boats are available for charter on a first come first serve basis for a set fee per night. See the bartender to make payment and receive the sail locker key.
Dates of Racing:
|6/04/2013||Start 6:30||Spring Series|
|6/11/2013||Start 6:30||Spring Series|
|6/18/2013||Start 6:30||Spring Series|
|6/25/2013||Start 6:30||Spring Series|
|7/02/2013||Start 6:30||Spring Series|
|7/09/2013||Start 6:30||Summer Series|
|7/16/2013||Start 6:30||Summer Series|
|7/23/2013||Start 6:30||Summer Series|
|7/30/2013||Start 6:30||Summer Series|
|8/06/2013||Start 6:30||Summer Series|
|8/13/2013||Start 6:30||Fall Series|
|8/20/2013||Start 6:30||Fall Series|
|8/27/2013||Start 6:30||Fall Series|
|9/03/2013||Start 6:30||Fall Series|
|9/10/2013||Start 6:30||Fall Series|
The scheduled time of the warning signal for the first race is 6:30 PM.
Number of races:
|Class||Number||Racers Per Day|
|JY15||1||up to 4|
|Laser||2||up to 4|
Races will be held on Muskegon Lake. Marks used will be at the discretion of the Race Committee.
Sailing instructions will be available at the Muskegon Yacht Club after May 28, 2013.
The scoring system is as follows:
10 races are required to constitute a series.
- When fewer than 11 races have been completed, a boat’s series score will be the total of her race scores.
- When from 11 to 16 races have been completed, a boat’s series score will be the total of her race scores excluding her two worst scores.
- When 17 or more races have been completed, a boat’s series score will be the total of her race scores excluding her four worst scores.
- DNC scores based on the number of boats sailing that night, not the series.
Awards will be presented to top 3 boats in each class for each of the series.